Friday, October 24, 2008

Dolls in Costume

Last week, I received a special order for 2 dolls.


Doll in Hippo Suit and Doll in Panda Suit

The doll in panda costume is easy for me to make because I just followed my pattern. The doll in hippo suit is something that's been on my list of things to do, and because of the request, I had to come up with a pattern.

I hope the lady will like these dolls! After I took the photo, I had to pack them in a box...I didn't have the chance to enjoy looking at the dolls in person. A few days after I mailed these dolls, I found myself looking at their photos more and more in my computer :) I think I miss these dolls! But I ran out of stuffing and couldn't make any doll until I get new stuffing again.

I also think I got lucky with the photo...usually it takes me several tries to find one that I like. This one took me only 3-4 tries. I will post more photos as soon as I make another as a model for my pattern. I will also make a "hippo friend" to go with the doll in hippo suit, just like my other dolls in costume patterns :) I am thinking of adding shoes to the pattern version of the doll in hippo suit, or just leave them like that, like babies in suits...perhaps I'd try one with shoes.

Thank you for viewing!

No comments: